TECHNICAL CONTENT WRITER
Technical Content Writer
Adelaide/Remote – Full-time/Part-time
We’re looking for a prolific and talented technical content creator to deliver great content as part of the FYI customer experience. Your role will involve understanding the FYI platform and articulating features, benefits and processes in a clear, concise and illustrated manner. This requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You must be able to distil complex information into clear, concise text, have a knack and love for writing, and a comprehensive understanding of technical products.
Are you an experienced technical writer who wants to work on an exciting new SaaS product that is re-engineering the way accountants in practice work? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Client Success Team is responsible for optimising the user experience for our clients to ensure they see early and ongoing return on their investment in FYI. Our clients are senior partners, practice managers, accountants and administrators using FYI daily in busy accounting firms. Our role is to understand their needs, deliver positive customer experiences and empower them to use the FYI platform effectively to automate their processes and shave minutes off daily tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and the client success team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements .
- Determine the needs of end users and work closely with the product and dev teams to create content that makes FYI easier to use. This includes feature guides, FAQs, onboarding guides, help documentation, troubleshooting guides, training manuals, release notes and more!
- Develop feature walkthrough videos and other engaging content to impart product knowledge to various stakeholders.
- Develop content to communicate new features to both FYI users and prospects, including new features blog articles, emails and Linkedin Posts (which may vary depending on the audience).
- Audit and update the content regularly to ensure relevance with incremental product feature releases, customer use cases, support issues and other internal developments.
- Execute a content calendar by building and delivering on a roadmap to be approved by management.
- Work closely with outsourced creative teams as required to represent the content in the most cost effective and suitable visual format.
- Suggest ways to further improve the quality of documentation.
For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to expand your role to include:
- Creating and improving content for the FYI website and various lead generation and marketing initiatives, including product videos, customer stories and social media content.
- Researching and writing thought-leadership pieces and other blog articles to achieve business goals.
- Driving new projects that improve the entire information experience for our customer’s journey.
What success looks like:
In the first 3 months in this role, you might deliver:
- Help articles, trouble-shooting articles and FAQ’s for Zendesk, ideally creating and implementing improved style guides and templates.
- Well-scripted walkthough videos introducing new users to key features and concepts.
- Content to effectively communicate new features to existing users (via email) and to prospects (via our blog and social media posts).
- Well-written training content for one or more client masterclasses.
- And much more
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have a degree in English, Communications or Journalism or equivalent practical experience creating content for B2B SaaS products.
- Have a proven track record creating instructional and/or learning content in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Can quickly understand and communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, without relying on jargon.
- Know how to explain complex features with as few words as possible, and how to communicate value in a compelling, clear and effective way.
- Have relevant experience researching and writing documentation for developers (API’s, web technologies).
- Are a considered and resourceful project manager, able to manage multiple competing priorities in an environment of constant change.
- Are passionate about helping developers do amazing things and have a strong sense of ownership of the end result for our clients.
- Are highly motivated with a personal interest in technology, technical writing and user content.
We’d also love it if you have:
- A knack for engaging with audiences and creating a unique tone of voice.
- Experience working with content management systems, knowledge base / help desk tools such as Zendesk and graphics production software.
- Experience creating style guides, templates and content creation processes that deliver consistency across documentation structure, presentation, illustration and tone of voice.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Highly collaborative team
- Career growth opportunities for proven candidates
FYI is a cloud document management platform for accountants in practice. It’s a way of re-engineering a firm’s email and document management, CRM, workflow and collaboration processes and automating them to save time on repetitive tasks and improve accuracy. Based in Adelaide, we are a team of passionate individuals on a mission to provide the best in-market tech solution improving the productivity of accounting practices globally.
FYI launched into the Australian market at the end of 2018 and our unique blend of cloud document management and automation is already attracting attention as a game-changer for accountants. We’ve quickly gained subscribers from firms of all sizes and we’re onboarding new practices every week. Our team is growing and we’re conquering new challenges every day. Our end game is global expansion starting with New Zealand and the UK in 2020.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are suitable for this role.